November 28, 2016 ⁄ Press Releases
In today’s financial and banking environment, Security Operations Centers (SOC) are overwhelmed with the number of alerts that require their attention. These institutes are constantly situated at High Risk of being attacked due to the rewarding benefit of a successful breach. The New York State Department of Financial Services published a report regarding Cyber Security in the Banking Sector and stated that “Cyber-attacks against banks are becoming more frequent, more sophisticated, and more widespread.”
Of all known financial targets, the “crown jewels” of hackers are SWIFT and ATM systems. Those systems are considered highly vulnerable due to the fact that they are installed on outdated operating systems (such AS/400) and their interfaces with multiple and complex monetary systems. Despite all efforts to protect them, they are still accessible to professional hackers. In the last couple of months, both ATM and SWIFT systems were breached due to vulnerabilities in the interfacing systems, causing damages of more than $100 million US. The CyBot software suite is equipped to deal with this threat.
Cronus Cyber Technologies is the first software vendor to release a virtual hacker system (CyBot Suite) that imitates the way in which hackers think and operate and works similarly to the manner in which skilled hackers penetrate sophisticated and heavily protected networks.
The CyBot studies a network, maps it, and builds a set of penetration attacks based on hackers’ methodology and preference hierarchy system. Afterwards, the CyBot launches the attacks on the network, adapting its routes and breach vectors based on Cronus’s patented Advance Persistent Threat Scale, and finds critical attack scenarios that may lead to SWIFT and ATM system components. Those attack vectors are presented to the CISO, prioritized by Cronus’s potential risk factor scale, and recommends on possible mitigation plans.
SHARE THIS POST
Find us on Facebook
- Watch Cronus live TV interview on i24 News April 9 2017
- Watch Cronus live on ILTV to discuss Automated Penetration Testing March 20 2017
- Leader in Automated Penetration Testing Cronus is approved for Delivery of Ethical Penetration Testing Services by CREST May 3 2017
- Cronus Cyber’s CyBot product suite is certified as CVE compatible! January 2 2017
- Cronus Releases New Versions for the CyBot Pro and Enterprise Solutions August 4 2016
- What is the actual value of IT security spending? November 14 2018
- Visit Cronus Cyber at CyberTech 2018 Tel Aviv January 15 2018
- Cronus Cyber Technologies Named 2017 Cyber Defense Magazine Cyber Security Leader October 8 2017
- Cronus wins the 2017 Cyber Security TeXchange Award August 14 2017
- Cronus and WannaCry May 18 2017